Saturday, August 30, 2008

My Favorite Presidential Characteristic

So I'm watching Obama's speech, and something strange popped into my head. I began mentally listing the characteristics that are required to be a viable Presidential candidate. I started with the obvious ones: intelligence, composure, and leadership head the list. However, there's one little-discussed trait that's essential to be the leader of the country--extreme arrogance.


Regardless of how much humility a candidate may possess, or how much he's "a common man," it takes an immeasurable amount of confidence for one to sincerely believe that he or she is a logical choice to run a country. That person looks in the mirror and says to themselves, "I am capable of being the head of the greatest nation in the world." I find that kind of moxie amazing. Granted, being the POTUS isn't the same as a dictatorship; but the President is still a very powerful person.

I'll use Still President Bush as the perfect example. A friend of mine gave me a very profound statement. He said that, "George Bush doesn't have anything to worry about because he's George Bush...and his father is George Bush." What this means is that Dubya is not concerned with how the public perceives him because he's the President. He and his administration sent one city into a frenzy and drowned another, yet the man still does things like this. One has to be bold enough to look a large amount of people in the eye and give them massive piles of verbal BS; and know it's BS. I don't know about you, but to me, that says a lot about his character.


The Mighty O(bama), whether or not he's really about "change," possesses the same amount of arrogance as Bush #43. He believes that he can lead an entire nation better than anyone else. Now that's a true example of, "Yes, [I] Can!"



Peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It takes balls to look a person directly in the eye and lie...imagine what it takes to look the camera in the lens and lie to millions of people to their faces as they watch you with the hope that you are actually telling the truth...